It also was the first time I realized I may be spending slightly too much time with photoshop.

Since deciding to pursue a degree in Studio Art back in 2003, I have lived the majority of my life with my computer on and photoshop open. I recognized this fairly early in my career and chose that motif as the central aspect behind my poster design for the final, mega-huge portfolio review for our graduating class at MSU.
After graduating, it became such a staple of my environment - I soon knew how to erase a background from an image faster than I could program our toaster to toast. Or, at least had more interest in removing a background than toasting toast.
It has been a constant friend and companion that I have relied on, learned from and grown with. However - this weekend I realized I may need to take a break from my dear old friend.
At the hotel we stayed in, my bed was right next to the air conditioner. Literally, right up against it with no space in between. I also was sleeping on a pull out couch-bed, which apparently do not warrant additional sheets at a hotel. I knew I was going to be freezing and pulled out towels and packed clothing to lay over myself. This however was not enough. I woke up during the middle of the night shivering, grasping at the thin papery sheet I help up around my nose and thought "right click, duplicate layer."
"Right-click, duplicate LAYER"
"Right-click, DUPLICATE LAYER"
(this is the chain of commands one would use in photoshop to copy an entire layer and paste it in a new layer- a very very common task for me)
And was very very upset when my blanket did not 'duplicate' itself as layers do in photoshop. I was very angry and contemplated calling adobe in my sleep-stupor to inform them that something was horribly awry and I was very cold.
After awhile, I think I realized my laughable mistake and fell back asleep. When I awoke the next morning, I had to chuckle.
Looks like I should probably take a step or two away from my computer occasionally.